Trump dismisses Hutchinson as ‘bad news’ during damning testimony

Source: The Hill | June 28, 2022 | Brett Samuels

Former President Trump on Tuesday dismissed the testimony from a former top aide to his chief of staff, saying he “hardly” knows who she is.

Trump weighed in on Truth Social, his fledgling social media network, in the middle of testimony from Cassidy Hutchinson, who served in Trump’s Office of Legislative Affairs and later as a top aide to former chief of staff Mark Meadows, to the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

“I hardly know who this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her (a total phony and ‘leaker’), and when she requested to go with certain others of the team to Florida after my having served a full term in office, I personally turned her request down,” Trump posted.

“Why did she want to go with us if she felt we were so terrible? I understand that she was very upset and angry that I didn’t want her to go, or be a member of the team. She is bad news!” Trump added.

Trump routinely claims not to be familiar with individuals who are critical of him, particularly when they were part of his administration. He deployed a similar tactic during his impeachment proceedings.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.