Trump endorses scandal-plagued Ken Paxton for Texas attorney general

Source: Politico | July 26, 2021 | Myah Ward

The former president favored the incumbent over George P. Bush, a member of the political dynasty that Trump has criticized for years.

Former President Donald Trump on Monday night endorsed Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton for reelection, even as the incumbent faces a criminal indictment on fraud charges and a separate FBI corruption investigation.

And the former president had another Republican to choose from.

George P. Bush — grandson and nephew of two former presidents, and the last remaining member of the political dynasty in public office — made the trek to Florida to ask for Trump’s endorsement for attorney general a couple of weeks ago, tweeting that he appreciated Trump’s “friendship & kind words as we work together to Keep America Great.”

But Trump’s antipathy for three generations of Bushes surfaced once again on Monday night, as he chose to endorse Paxton in what’s sure to be a competitive, brutal election between Bush and the scandal-ridden incumbent.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #49782

Consistent #49783

Consistent #49790

EVERYDAY #49795

All that butt kissing did nothing for George P.

Paxton is corrupt, so I wouldn’t vote for him either. But I think what bothers me about George P. is that he wants to be president someday and I never liked family dynasties. We’ve already had two Presidents named George Bush. We don’t need another Bush in the White House.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.