Trump fires back at Gingrich's 'inappropriate' defense of judge

Source: The Hill | June 6, 2016 | Mark Hensch

Donald Trump on Monday said he was caught off guard by Newt Gingrich’s defense of a judge overseeing lawsuits against Trump University.

“I was surprised at Newt,” the presumptive GOP presidential nominee said on Fox News’s “Fox and Friends.” “I thought it was inappropriate what he said.”

Gingrich last weekend criticized Trump’s comments about Judge Gonzalo Curiel’s Hispanic heritage.

“I don’t know what Trump’s reasoning was, and I don’t care,”  the former Speaker said in a Saturday email to The Washington Post.

“His description of the judge in terms of his parentage is completely unacceptable,” added Gingrich, who has previously endorsed  the real estate mogul and has been mentioned as a possible Trump running mate.

Gingrich on Sunday doubled down on his criticism of Trump, calling it “inexcusable” and “one of the worst mistakes” the billionaire has made.

….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6751

Consistent #6752

EVERYDAY #6755

Once again, Trump proves he should not be president.

Victoria #6764

Trump, Monday: “I was surprised at Newt, I thought it was inappropriate what he said.”
    Gingrich: “I don’t know what Trump’s reasoning was, and I don’t care,”
    “His description of the judge in terms of his parentage is completely unacceptable,” added Gingrich.
    Gingrich on Sunday: calling it “inexcusable” and “one of the worst mistakes” the billionaire has made.

Trump says Gingrich’s comments are “inappropriate”, while Trump’s over and over castigating the judge because he is a “Mexican” (except he was born in Indiana), is perfectly okay.

In my opinion, Trump is crazy and I mean actually crazy as he cannot control himself and must verbally personally castigate every person who has a thought different than his.

THERE IS NO PERSON IN THIS WORLD WHO CAN STAY ON TRUMP’S “GOOD LIST” FOR VERY LONG. That is because eventually the person on the good list will have a difference of opinion with Trump and he will dump him/her and try to hurt him/her personally by using speech any way he can.

Consistent #6779

Consistent #6780

Victoria #6790

Today I heard on CNN what Trump did today. His “handlers” of the campaign – two of them – send emails to his spokesmen to drop talking about the judge. Trump found that out and got on a call to all his spokesmen and told them something like, “drop that email in hell” and double down, keep talking about the judge. Two of the people who were on this call from Trump were on CNN.

As I have said before, Trump is crazy and one cannot expect normal behavior from a crazy person because the person is crazy. If I were a Spanish American citizen, I would not vote for him as he thinks the only real Americans are himself and his family. The rest of us are, in my case, English, my Bob is Polish, and you reading this are whichever country your ancestors came from – it doesn’t matter to him our grandparents were born here, our parents were born here and we were born here.

If I were his judge and he said I was English, not American, and he had a grudge against an English person back in his family history, he would want me replaced because I am English. Trump is crazy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.