Trump, first lady to quarantine after top aide tests positive for coronavirus

Source: The Hill | October 1, 2020 | Morgan Chalfant

President Trump said Thursday that he and first lady Melania Trump would self-quarantine while awaiting coronavirus test results after a top White House aide, Hope Hicks, tested positive for the virus.

“Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for Covid 19,” Trump tweeted Thursday night, after the news of Hicks’ positive test result broke. “Terrible! The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!”

Trump, speaking earlier on Fox News, said that both he and the first lady had taken tests and were awaiting their results. He confirmed Hicks had tested positive and acknowledged that he spends ample time with her in the White House.

“I just went out with a test… and the first lady just went out with a test also,” he told Fox News host Sean Hannity. “So, whether we quarantine or whether we have it, I don’t know.”

The White House uses Abbott rapid tests, meaning that the president and first lady would likely receive their tests results quickly. While Trump said he planned to quarantine, the schedule released earlier by the White House still showed him attending a fundraiser in Washington, D.C., and a campaign rally in Florida on Friday.

Bloomberg News first reported Thursday evening that Hicks had tested positive. It is unclear when precisely she received her results, though the New York Times reported that officials have known since Wednesday evening that she had the virus.

Hicks is the adviser closest to the president to test positive for the virus. She traveled with Trump multiple times in the past week, including accompanying him on Air Force One to the presidential debate in Cleveland, Ohio, on Tuesday and to a campaign rally in Minnesota on Wednesday.

Her case immediately raised questions about whether others in the White House would test positive or need to quarantine as a precaution.

……..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #43256

Consistent #43257

Consistent #43258

Consistent #43259

ConservativeGranny #43260

News tonight is that both Trump and his wife have tested positive. I wonder if he still thinks it is a hoax?

EVERYDAY #43261

When I heard the news, I thought it was one of Donald’s publicity stunts. He has lied so much, he could be dead and I wouldn’t believe it till I saw the body for myself.

I don’t expect Trump will learn anything from being positive, especially if he doesn’t develop symptoms. He will continue to say COVID is no big deal and spread his usual baloney about the virus.

One good thing about this is that Trump won’t be running around the country conducting his superspreader rallies for a while. Maybe even the next “debate” will be canceled or postponed. Of course, I expect we will still hear from him during his quarantine. He can’t stay out of the public eye; his massive ego won’t allow it.

ConservativeGranny #43262

I have my suspicions as well. First is that I don’t believe if Trump tested positive he would admit it. It would be more in character for him to lie about it and hide it. To him it would not only prove him wrong about COVID and masks but would make him look weak. Secondly, I think he was looking for a way out. Poll numbers are bad, he blew it with the debates and the problem with the exposure of his tax fraud. Now he thinks he will get sympathy. He knew he was exposed and still went to New Jersey and had close contact with other mask-less people. Trump is now just another superspreader.

ConservativeGranny #43263

Another point. Time will tell. If all we hear is that they are feeling fine and this is no big deal that could be a clue. He had several risk factors. His age, his obesity and I believe he has either had some heart issue or stroke. Will we hear that he was “cured” by taking one of his miracle drugs? Everything about Trump is a lie so one cannot assume he is ever telling the truth about anything.

The fact that he is admitting they have it and all the “we’ll get through this together” and “we are feeling fine” phoniness raises a red flag for me. Time will tell and I think you are right. He’ll be tweeting nonstop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.