Trump: I was asking Zelensky to help America, not me

Source: Politico | December 4, 2019 | Matthew Choi

It’s all about “US,” the president tweeted.

It depends upon what the meaning of the word “us” is .

As the impeachment inquiries against President Donald Trump rocket forward, Trump tried Wednesday night to reframe the context of the phone call that sparked House Democrats’ impeachment investigation. Rather than asking Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to dig up dirt on his domestic political rivals, Trump claimed that he had asked Zelensky to somehow help the nation as a whole.

“When I said, in my phone call to the President of Ukraine, ‘I would like you to do US a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it.’ With the word ‘us’ I am referring to the United States, our Country,” Trump tweeted.

Trump’s tweet revealed his simmering frustration with the impeachment process, which House Democrats aim to conclude by the end of the month. The House Judiciary Committee began its public impeachment hearings Wednesday, piggy-backing off the explosive hearings and report by the House Intelligence Committee. Even during his trip to London for a NATO summit, Trump couldn’t find respite, as world leaders appeared to mock him behind his back.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #33935

ConservativeGranny #33943

That excuse popped up yesterday at the judiciary hearings. It was the latest spin on the phone call because the fighting corruption meme didn’t work. Not surprised Trump is parroting this today.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.