Trump says he would've been 'honored' to serve in military, thinks he's making up for it now

Source: The Hill | June 5, 2019 | Brett Samuels

President Trump said in an interview broadcast Wednesday that he was “never a fan” of the Vietnam War, but that he would not have minded serving in the conflict that he avoided due to bone spurs.

Trump was asked in an interview with Piers Morgan on “Good Morning Britain” about his lack of military service as the president prepared to attend a ceremony commemorating the 75th anniversary of D-Day. 

“I would not have minded that at all,” Trump responded when asked if he wished he’d been able to serve his country.

“I would’ve been honored. But I think I make up for it right now … and I think I’m making up for it rapidly because we’re rebuilding our military at a level that it’s never seen before,” he added, citing defense spending increases under his administration.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #29907

Consistent #29908

EVERYDAY #29916

This guy”s lies have no limit. If he would have been “honored to serve,”why didn’t he, instead of getting a phony baloney deferment for his “bone spurs?”

And no, Little Donnie, nothing you do now will ever make up for staying home in comfort and safety while so many of my generation perished in a war many of them didnt like either — but they went anyway.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.