Trump says he's taking hydroxychloroquine, despite scientists' concerns

Source: Politico | May 18, 2020 | Caitlin Oprysko

Hydroxychloroquine has not been shown to be effective in treating Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

President Donald Trump announced he’s been taking hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he’s touted as a potential cure for Covid-19 despite scientists’ concerns about its effectiveness.

“A couple of weeks ago, I started taking it,” Trump told reporters at the White House, adding that he’d consulted with his presidential physician about the drug.

………

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #39080

Consistent #39083

Consistent #39084

Consistent #39085
    Consistent #39086

Consistent #39090

Consistent #39093

Consistent #39094

Consistent #39095

Consistent #39096

Consistent #39097

EVERYDAY #39098

Not at all shocked like Cavuto. It’s Trump’s typical stupidity on display here. I just don’ want to hear him or his supporters whine if Trump (a) contracts COVID 19 anyway, or (b) suffers side effects, particularly an irregular heartbeat, which could kill him.

And the VA study is not the only one to cast doubt on hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness against COVID 19 or to highlight the drug’s many potentially dangerous side effects. But Trump is a “stable genius.” so he must know best.

God help us.

Consistent #39102

Consistent #39105

Consistent #39106

ConservativeGranny #39107

Baloney. He’s not taking it. He just can’t admit he was wrong. I wish he WAS taking it. Not the first time trump has gotten a physician to lie for him. (bone spurs, one pound away from obese and healthiest president in history.) And just wait until Trump’s amazing warp speed vaccine is ready. He and his family will be the first in line to receive their “empty” injection while the rest of his blind sheep trip over each other to drink the koolaid, er I mean get a shot of Trump’s amazing warp-speed vaccination. It won’t be until after he is re-elected that people start dropping dead from the not-ready-for-primetime vaccine but hey, the optics were great and America fell for it. He’ll blame someone else like China, the CDC, the FBI or some other of his usual targets for the failure.

And why is he being tested daily and taking preventative drugs for a virus that is just a political hoax according to his son? This administration is so full of lies and fairy tales whatever comes out of it the opposite is most likely the truth.

Consistent #39109

Consistent #39110

Consistent #39112

EVERYDAY #39113

I thought Trump already has a news outlet that slobbers all over him — OANN.

OANN doesn’t quite have the viewership of Fox, so look for Trump and Fox to make up soon.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.