Trump threatens lawsuits over Mueller probe

Source: Politico | February 18, 2020 | Quint Forgey

The president’s posts represent the latest development in his renewed assault against Robert Mueller.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday threatened to file retaliatory lawsuits “all over the place” over former special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

The president, in a multi-post Twitter screed Tuesday morning, also appeared to weigh in once again on the federal criminal case against his longtime political adviser Roger Stone.

“These were Mueller prosecutors, and the whole Mueller investigation was illegally set up based on a phony and now fully discredited Fake Dossier, lying and forging documents to the FISA Court, and many other things,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Everything having to do with this fraudulent investigation is badly tainted and, in my opinion, should be thrown out.”

The president went on to accuse Mueller of lying before Congress when he told lawmakers he did not interview with Trump to apply for the job of FBI director, tweeting: “The whole deal was a total SCAM. If I wasn’t President, I’d be suing everyone all over the place. BUT MAYBE I STILL WILL. WITCH HUNT!”

The president’s posts represent the latest development in his renewed assault against Mueller, which escalated last week after Trump expressed his disapproval of federal prosecutors’ initial sentencing recommendation for Stone.

The former special counsel’s probe resulted in the arrest of the president’s longtime informal political adviser in January 2019 and indictment on seven felony charges. Two of the attorneys who prosecuted Stone’s case had previously served on Mueller’s team of investigators.

A Washington jury found Stone guilty on all counts in November.

………

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #35744

Consistent #35749

EVERYDAY #35750

It’s all show for his adoring fans, as usual.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.