Trump unloads to Fox News as impeachment threat heightens

Source: Politico | November 22, 2019 | Quint Forgey

The president spent nearly an hour riffing on topics from Nancy Pelosi to Hong Kong in what one Fox News host called a ‘stress release.’

One day after the wrap of the first phase of public impeachment hearings, President Donald Trump unloaded to Fox News, declaring he wants a Senate trial, pushing a debunked theory that Ukraine has a DNC server, and deeming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “crazy as a bedbug.”

The expansive remarks by the president came during a roughly hour-long phone call to “Fox & Friends,” in an exercise co-host Brian Kilmeade dubbed “a stress release.”

…….

“Frankly, I want a trial,” the president said, calling for testimony by House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, the leader of the Democratic investigation into the president’s conduct; former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter; and the anonymous member of the intelligence community who lodged a whistleblower complaint describing Trump’s July phone call with Ukraine’s leader.

“The one I want to testify most is ‘Shifty Schiff,’ and I want to find out why did he make up my statement?” Trump said. “He made up my statement, and I want to find that out. Why did ‘Shifty Schiff’ — who’s a crooked politician, he’s a corrupt politician — why did he make up my statement?”

……..

Trump also pushed Zelensky to look into unfounded accusations of Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election, including the baseless theory that a hacked email server belonging to the Democratic National Committee is being housed somewhere in the Eastern European nation.

“I still want to see that server,” Trump said Friday, repeating that conspiratorial line. “You know, the FBI’s never gotten that server. That’s a big part of this whole thing. Why did they give it to a Ukrainian company?”

After co-host Steve Doocy pressed the president on whether he was certain of his allegations, Trump replied: “That’s what the word is.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #33621

Consistent #33622

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.