Trump warns of 'market crash' if he loses in 2020

Source: The Hill | June 15, 2019 | Tal Axelrod

President Trump asserted on Saturday there would be dire economic consequences should he lose the 2020 presidential race, leaning into his reelection slogan “Keep America Great.”

“The Trump Economy is setting records, and has a long way up to go….However, if anyone but me takes over in 2020 (I know the competition very well), there will be a Market Crash the likes of which has not been seen before! KEEP AMERICA GREAT,” he tweeted.

……..

Trump has leveraged a strong economy to help boost him in the 2020 race, though polling shows him trailing former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and other Democrats in a handful of crucial swing states.

Several Democratic contenders have put forth plans to reduce income inequality and say that other platforms will be paid for in part by revoking Trump’s tax cut plan that was passed in 2017.

The White House often touts record low unemployment rates and strong job growth, but economists fear that the administration’s multi-front trade war could take a bite out of any economic gains.

………

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #30095

EVERYDAY #30099

More lies from Donnie. The economy is not so great. And as for the stock market — it might actually improve if Donnie was no longer in charge. At least we wouldn’t have Donnie’s temper tantrum trade wars to drive the market down.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.