Trump’s Cancer Spreads to Fox News

Source: Conservative Review | April 2, 2016 | Steve Deace

Here lies Fox News, formerly known as the definitive standard-bearer for conservative media.

Born: 1996. Died: 2016. Cause of death: Shilling for Donald Trump.

Of course, it’s still the king of cable news, owning the top 14 slots in the ratings. But that isn’t a high bar. While its 2.7 million primetime viewers seems like a lot, that’s less than 2 percent of the total people that voted in the below-average-turnout 2012 presidential election.

If I wanted to, I could just spend the entire day retweeting and responding to complaints about Fox’s bias from conservatives. And this goes back several cycles. Since 2008, I have been inundated with conservatives who think Fox is trying to pick the GOP nominee. In 2012, GOP presidential candidates and former Fox News employees Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum both openly accused the network of being an arm of the Mitt Romney campaign (the documentary “Mitt” even depicted Karl Rove coordinating with the campaign while he was on the air with Fox on election night).

This go-around these howls have escalated to a crescendo. Many of the people in my industry won’t say anything about it, though, because it’s considered the crème de la crème in conservative media to be ingratiated into the Fox family. The title “Fox News Contributor” carries with it great prestige among the brethren. Thus, I could be planting my own ambitions in the grave right alongside Fox’s integrity. But that’s never stopped me before, and if this primary has proven one thing it’s that too many folks in our movement are out for prestige and prosperity more so than principle.

…..

Sometimes you say and do crazy things like rush to judgment when you get too close to a cult. That may include watching a 70-year-old man tweet hateful spam about his political rival’s charming and accomplished wife from his billionaire basement in the middle of the night, and then calling it “fair and balanced” to defend it as a rational response to imaginary facts.

….

Megyn Kelly and few others aside, I hypothesized for a while that Fox’s obsession with all things Trump was purely demographics. The older and whiter you are, the more likely you are to support Trump. Similarly, the average Fox News viewer is 68 years, old and white. However, behold Trump’s latest unfavorables among my fellow Caucasians:

• – White women: 68 percent (a group Romney won by 14 points in the 2012 election)
  • – White men: 51 percent (a group Romney won 62 percent in the 2012 election)

So maybe that’s not it after all. Maybe what many in the Fox family see in Trump is their own reflection. Both seem to be people willing to profit of conservatives, while doing little to nothing to advance the cause of conservatism.

As today’s Republican Party has sadly taught us, opposing Democrats doesn’t make you a conservative any more than mastering grand theft auto qualifies you for the Indianapolis 500.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #3614

EVERYDAY #3625

Actually, Fox News has been swirling the bowl for a long time. Hasn’t been “fair and balanced” for years. I predict a significant drop in viewership after this election is over — and not just Fox.

ConservativeGranny #3663

FOX served a purpose for a short while. Most conservatives know where to go to find information and can think for themselves. They don’t need the constant irritation. I gave up watching FOX years ago but will watch a certain interview I’m interested in if someone posts a link to it online.

Some people have the steel nerve to be able to watch FOX without screaming at the TV or having their blood pressure go up. I’m not one of them. I think that is why I like Mark Levin so much. He does all the yelling and hollering for me.

I’m starting to think I just hate the TV in general LOL!

silver pines #3664

We don’t turn on Fox anymore. If we watch TV news at all, other than local, we go to CNN. At least they’re about equally biased toward all of the Repub candidates; not just in the tank for Orange Julius Caesar.

Victoria #3680

I DISAGREE WITH ALL OF YOU WHO STOMP ON FOX. We have four TVs in this house, one in Kitchen, the Library where I hang out, the main bedroom and one in his house office and when one of us goes to another one of those rooms, the TV is turned on. I switch between Fox and CNN all day so I know what is on those stations. Fox does not favor any candidate. If one turns on Fox and Karl Rove is on, that doesn’t mean Fox thinks he is God – he gives his point of view. If Trump is on, that doesn’t mean Fox is for Trump. If Cruz is on, it doesn’t mean Fox is for Cruz. Hannity tries his best to give every Republican candidate a chance to air his views.

I watch Megan Kelly every evening. She is not for any one candidate. If she gives the news about Trump, people think she is for him or hates him. She is merely giving what happened with him that day. As we know, Trump has a crush on her and hates her at the same time.

I watch CNN. Certainly they have a more liberal viewpoint which is why the Democrats hold a debate with that station rather than Fox. But, CNN also has some conservative people as guests. CNN gives the scores better on primary days. Fox makes the numbers so small, one has to strain to figure out who is ahead. CNN has big numbers so you can read them. They are great with their state maps to show which parts of the state have numbers coming in and which part has not reported.

CNN is better when something happens overseas. That is because they have reporters in all parts of the world and they get to the hot spot faster than Fox ever could. It is not conservative or liberal when there is a disaster overseas. They are on the spot and reporting what they see and hear.

I am not going to stop watching or hearing either station. I want the news and both channels have it. Trying to discredit either channel and stop watching because every minute is not what you think it should be, limits your knowledge.

kleindropper #3681

I haven’t had cable for two years now and don’t miss it a bit.

rodamala #3683

I haven’t had cable for two years now and don’t miss it a bit.

Same here… only it’s been over 10 years since I paid for cable. I have an AM radio in the kitchen that only picks up the local radio station and that’s it.

My “news” for the longest time had been FR… but now I have to hunt around on my phone for less offensive sources.

ConservativeGranny #3684

Victoria if you enjoy it and get something worthwhile out of it you should watch it.

Victoria #3706

ConservativeGranny, When I watch the candidates on either channel, I then know what the candidate actually said. That is important when I see posters just pick out a line the candidate said and make it say something the candidate did not. Truth is hard to find in politics. :o)

ConservativeGranny #3724

I like to get it from horse’s mouth too:) I am grateful that we have the internet now and sites like this that help me find information.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.