Two passengers test positive for COVID-19 on first Celebrity Millennium cruise since 2020

Source: The Hill | June 10, 2021 | Lexi Lonas

Two passengers tested positive for the coronavirus at the end of the first cruise in North America since 2020.

“Today two guests sharing a stateroom onboard Celebrity Millennium tested positive for COVID-19 while conducting the required end of cruise testing,” Celebrity Millennium cruise line said in a statement on Thursday.

“The individuals are asymptomatic and currently in isolation and being monitored by our medical team. We are conducting contact tracing, expediting testing for all close contacts and closely monitoring the situation,” the company added.

These were the only two cases on a ship with over 600 people, at least 95 percent of whom are vaccinated, Cruzely reported.

This was the first cruise in North America since the industry got shut down last year due to the virus. 

The cruise started on Saturday at St. Maarten and all passengers at the time had to either be fully vaccinated or show a negative coronavirus test from the previous 72 hours.

It is unclear if the two passengers who tested positive were vaccinated.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #49243

EVERYDAY #49246

One of the reports I read on this said the passengers had been vaccinated. But who knows for sure?

My late mother and I took several cruises in the late 1980s till 1999. We had a good time on all of them and never had a problem with illness. But after that, incidents of viral outbreaks were reported. Now with COVID and most cruise lines not requiring vaccination, I definitely wouldn’t want to go on a cruise. Just not as safe and enjoyable as it once was.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.