‘We’ll put them down very quickly’: Trump threatens to quash election night riots

Source: Politico | September 11, 2020 | Quint Forgey

“Look, it’s called insurrection,” the president said.

President Donald Trump threatened Thursday to “put … down very quickly” riots on election night should aggrieved Democrats take to the streets in the wake of his potential victory.

The remarks from the president came in an interview with Fox News host Jeanine Pirro set to air Saturday, in which he was asked how he would respond to incidents of rioting should he be declared the winner on Nov. 3.

“We’ll put them down very quickly if they do that. We have the right to do that. We have the power to do that, if we want,” Trump said.

“Look, it’s called insurrection,” he added. “We just send in, and we do it very easy. I mean, it’s very easy. I’d rather not do that because there’s no reason for it, but if we had to, we’d do that and put it down within minutes.”

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #42817

EVERYDAY #42819

Who is “we?” Seems to me he had opportunities to quell the violence this summer, but other than send some shady looking characters with no ID in unmarked vehicles to a few places, Trump did nothing. All talk, no action.

And by the way — if he really intends to deal with any violence perpetrated by hate groups aligned with the Democrats, what is he going to do if the situation is reversed — he loses and his cult rises up? Will he quell the violence then?

I’m more concerned with what his fans will do should he lose.

ConservativeGranny #42827

He’s going to “put it down”? Like they do to dogs? Weird way of phrasing that. This is a very sick man but we all know that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.