WH official: 'I can't say' Trump has read entire national security strategy

Source: The Hill | December 18, 2017 | Ellen Mitchell

A White House spokesman on Monday couldn’t say whether President Trump had read the administration’s new national security strategy in its entirety.

The comment came after CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked national security spokesman Michael Anton if Trump had read all of the 55-page strategy document rolled out earlier Monday.

“The president has been involved in the drafting of it from the beginning, has been presented with sections of it over the past many months and was briefed on the final document several weeks ago,” Anton replied.

“The president himself personally led the presentation of the document to his Cabinet only about a week ago,” he added.

“But has he read the whole document?” Blitzer pressed.

“I can’t say that he’s read every line and every word. He certainly had the document … and has been briefed on it,” Anton said.

He then insisted the document “is based on [Trump’s] words. It’s based on his campaign speeches and his major speeches this year.”

……..

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #20489

Consistent #20490

EVERYDAY #20499

I don’t think Trump really reads anything. I know for sure he didn’t read the first House version of the Obamacare “repeal” legislation. He pronounced that legislation as “beauriful” or one if his over-the-top adjectives. If he had, he would have known it wasn’t even close to what was promised. This guy is just as lazy as Obama. He has others do everything for him. And despite all the propaganda about how brilliant he is, Trump really comes off as a moron most of the time. Only his adoring fans believe the hype.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.