Widower of Scarborough staffer asks Twitter to remove Trump’s conspiracy theories

Source: Politico | May 26, 2020 | Eli Okun

Per his reading of Twitter’s terms of service, he said, other users would be banned for tweets like Trump’s.

The widower of a woman whose 2001 death has become fodder for baseless conspiracy theories spread by President Donald Trump is appealing directly to the head of Twitter to take down the president‘s tweets.

“I’m asking you to intervene in this instance because the President of the United States has taken something that does not belong him — the memory of my dead wife — and perverted it for perceived political gain,” Timothy J. Klausutis wrote in a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, which was dated last week but gained attention Tuesday when the New York Times’ Kara Swisher published it in an op-ed.

Klausutis’ late wife, Lori, died at age 28 from a fall precipitated by an undiagnosed heart condition, as confirmed by the medical examiner and police. Nineteen years later, her death is making headlines because of her employer at the time: then-Rep. Joe Scarborough (R-Fla.). She was working in a Florida office, while Scarborough was in Washington at the time of her death.

…….

Klausutis also wrote of the enduring pain his wife’s loved ones feel over her early death, and how the conspiracy theories have made it harder for them to move on.

“I have mourned my wife every day since her passing. I have tried to honor her memory and our marriage,” he wrote. “As her husband, I feel that one of my marital obligations is to protect her memory as I would have protected her in life.”

………

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #39314

Consistent #39315

Consistent #39316

Consistent #39317

Consistent #39318

EVERYDAY #39322

I wish Mr. Klausutis well in his endeavor; however, even if Twitter agrees to remove the jerk’s posts, those posts likely have been preserved or captured and will be circulated over and over again. Failing that, the original sources of this conspiracy theory (e.g. True Pundit) are still out there and their material can continue to be harvested, tweeted and retweeted by Trump and his fellow conspiracy pushers.

Consistent #39333

Consistent #39334

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.