Woman says Tara Reade told her of Biden accusation: report

Source: The Hill | April 27, 2020 | Jonathan Easley

A woman has come forward to corroborate claims made by a former staffer to Joe Biden who says the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee sexually assaulted her when she worked in his Senate office in the early 1990s.

Tara Reade, who managed the intern program for Biden’s Senate office in 1993, last month alleged publicly that Biden had sexually assaulted her in an empty corridor on Capitol Hill. She previously had accused him of inappropriate touching.

The Biden campaign has denied the allegations of sexual assault.

In an interview with Business Insider on Monday, Lynda LaCasse, who lived next door to Reade at the time, said she recalls Reade tearfully recounting the story of the alleged assault when they were neighbors in 1993.

……..

Reade’s brother Collin Moulton previously told Business Insider that she had told him that Biden “had his hand under her clothes at some point.”

Reade says she confronted senior Biden aides about it at the time. The former Biden staffers named by Reade went on the record with The New York Times and The Associated Press to say they were never confronted about the alleged assault.

Reade says she filed a complaint with the human resources office in the Senate about the allegations of inappropriate touching but did not file a police report at the time.

Media outlets have not been able to locate the human resources complaint. Reade filed a complaint with the Washington, D.C., police department earlier this month.

…….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #38518

EVERYDAY #38522

I don’t care who Miss Reade told about this alleged incident, it still does not constitute proof. Now had she gone to the police and there was a report or a complaint, Reade would have a leg to stand on. She needs witnesses to this alleged incident an/or some evidence like the famous blue dress from the Clinton assault. Her word that an assault took place is not good enough.

Consistent #38525

ConservativeGranny #38531

I think Biden should be given the same pass that Trump was given. Bimbo accusations have become so commonplace in political races now without video footage of the event it is anyone guess whether or not they are true. I have no illusions that Biden is a boy scout. I just need him to win and oust the bigger evil sitting in the oval office right now. Decent and honorable politicians have gone the way of the dinosaur and the main thing is to have one that is not totally insane.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.