Zelensky: it’s ‘not..possible’ that Trump didn’t recognize Putin threat

Source: The Hill | September 11, 2022 | Julia Mueller

Zelensky says it’s ‘not even possible’ that Trump did not recognize Putin threat

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said he was surprised by former President Trump’s continued praise of Russian President Putin even after Moscow invaded Ukraine, given how much information Trump was privy to about the fellow world leader.

“I believe he had enough time, plenty of time, to understand who Putin is,” Zelensky told CNN’s Fareed Zakaria in an interview aired Sunday. 

“I think he was sitting at such a high position where it’s not even possible not to recognize that [Putin] is the opponent in terms of values to your own people. He [Trump] has all the might of this country — intelligence, data — to create [a] psychological profile.” 

Zelensky said he was “surprised” at Trump’s behavior “even after the beginning, with a full-fledged invasion.” 

“Probably he needed this to promote his domestic policy to show that he’s ready to find understanding with the President of Russia,” Zelensky speculated.

“Ukraine in his eyes is too far away. But this war has no distances it could not cover, so I believe he needs to look at the situation without, as we say, pink glasses on,” Zelensky said, per CNN’s translation.

Trump lauded Putin’s military moves leading up to the invasion in February as “genius” and “savvy,” comments that drew ire even from some in his own party.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #55539

EVERYDAY #55540

Mr. President — Trump was and still is in league with Putin. I happen to think Trump is indebted to Putin because he defaulted on loans from Russian banks and Putin saved his hide. But whatever the circumstances, Trump loves authoritarian leaders and he aspires to be like them should he regain the White House. Trump thinks the Russian invasion was a brilliant move. He doesn’t like you or the Ukraine because you stood up to him when he tried to blackmail you. He wants you and your country annihilated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.